Individual vision problems and poor office ergonomics contribute to the rise in eyesight trouble, and as computer use duration increases, so do the symptoms.
Some tips to help ease computer related eye problems are:
- The 20/20/20 Rule -- Relax your eyes every 20 minutes for 20 seconds looking at something 20 feet away.
- Blink – Our normal blink rate cuts in half when concentrating on a computer screen causing your eyes to dry out.
- Set the stage – Ergonomics and lighting are key. Try positioning your screen to eliminate glare. Optimally, the computer screen should be 15-20 degrees below eye level and approximately 2 ft away.
- Adjust your display settings - Adjust screen resolution, font size and brightness.
- Visit your eye doctor – Schedule an eye exam to ensure that your eyes are healthy and that your prescription is up to date.